Senior Software Engineer (VSAN, Beer Sheva)
Beer Sheva, Israel
Date published: 22-Jan-2017
We are looking for exceptional software engineers to take part in the architecture, design and implementation of VSAN replication solution. VSAN (Virtual SAN) is VMWare virtual storage. RecoverPoint will develop a new replication mechanism on top of VSAN. The work includes defining new data path and control path algorithms for the solution.
We are building three new teams in Herzelia, Beer-Sheva and California. Each one of the teams will develop part of the solution, with the collaboration with the other teams and a team in VMWare. The teams are responsible for the server side implementation, as well as the replication algorithms. The development is done, mainly in C++ and Java.
We are seeking creative and enthusiastic engineers who are looking for new challenges. Team work and the ability to work independently are essential for success. If you want to participate in developing a new solution from the initial design phases, love to use and learn new technologies then your place is with our growing teams.
The preferred candidate will have the following skills and experience:
· At least 5 years of experience as a server side C++/JAVA developer
· Self-motivated, approachable, and adaptable and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English is a must
· A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree
· Ability and willing to work with teams in different time zones
· Sense of urgency
· Ability to work under pressure and deliver projects on time
· Knowledge of virtualization, VMware Products and APIs
· Experience in Java
· Familiarity with multi-threaded and multi-processor design and architectures
· Experience in agile development methodology