Associate Project Manager
The Global Services Associate Program (GSAP) hires candidates locally and trains them centrally. Our Associates are developed through a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This intensive role based-training includes an introduction to the storage industry, best practices and methodologies and the EMC way of doing business. For technical associates, training includes hands-on work with EMC products and platforms, operating systems and storage infrastructure tools. Associates will also receive the foundation necessary to achieve technical certifications (EMC and Non-EMC)
The Associate Project Manager (APM) manages the delivery of "billable" services for EMC engagements. They is responsible for managing the life cycle of small to medium size, low risk projects from architectural design to customer acceptance and Customer Service handover. The APM is accountable for the development and execution of a detailed EMC solution implementation plan and ensures implementation activities are coordinated with EMC and Partner Resources. They will act as the primary interface to the customer, vendor and all EMC personnel associated with the engagement. They will work under the general direction of either a Project Manager and/or Program Delivery Lead/Manager and in conjunction with the Account team.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the delivery and deployment of the project plan and the detailed Statement of Work (SOW) developed with Sales for the customer, based upon customer requirements and system architecture. Requirements are categorized into a project plan detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily tasks following EMC’s standards.
• Responsible for creating goals and milestones within a project to ensure EMC's commitments to the customer are achieved.
• Prepare and maintain clear and concise activity/progress/time recording reports in accordance with EMC’s standards and submits to customers, management and Sales.
• Responsible for the implementation and daily management of activities, which are coordinated with EMC or Partner Resources.
• Responsible for communicating project budget and resource allocation to sales, customers and delivery personnel.
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer and account team.
• Communicate to all EMC concerned parties any existing or potential customer escalation issues while following the EMC escalation and change control process.
• Stay abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
• Articulate the value of the EMC Solutions and EMC Services business benefit to the customer.
• Provide a single point of contact during the project lifecycle for all aspects of the engagement.
• Responsible for following and executing EMC’s revenue recognition rules and policies and works with Program Delivery Management to coordinate and validate weekly revenue forecast.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Project management skills
• Project-based Accounting skills
• Presentation and written communication skills
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliverables
Recommended Education Required:Bachelor’s Degree (Technical or Business Related)
Recommended Experience Required:2-5 years
EMC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the environment. EMC does not accept unsolicited Agency Resumes. EMC will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed “EMC Agency Fee Agreement”.